The Grants Development team works in partnership with the school, division, and/or department to find and pursue discretionary funding opportunities that align with APS vision.
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please fill out and submit the Intent to Apply.
- To provide high quality guidance and technical support to each contact to assist them in meeting their school's funding goals
- To facilitate and continually improve the grant development process
- To increase the funding potential of each APS school, division and/or department
- To improve student achievement and support APS 2020: Shaping the Future by partnering to secure strategic funding
The type, scope and amount of the grant will dictate the resources and services provided:
- Research competitive grant opportunities to meet identified needs at schools, divisions and departments
- Draft the grant narrative, with an emphasis on ensuring that all necessary components/elements are addressed
- Review and edit grants written by school/department and/or division
- Draft the budget narratives and complete budget templates
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure the District can meet the evaluation and data reporting requirements associated with a grant
- As applicable, develop additional evaluation measures that could also be used as a continuous monitoring tool to help improve APS policies and practices.
- Identify external partners, such as the City of Aurora, Institutes of Higher Education, etc.
- Support the grant initiating department/school and/or division with soliciting community support (if needed) such as obtaining in-kind services, letters of support, etc.
- Compile required attachments, such as financial information, district data, maps, etc.
- Obtain the appropriate District signature on submission forms
- Coordinate final assembly and submission
Learn more about how to find and apply for a grant in the video below.
"Please note: the video below is only available to APS staff members logged into their Google accounts."
If you have any questions please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org